23 Apr Learning to Cook with SHAQ Recipes
Looking for those delicious recipes that were featured on Learning to Cook with SHAQ? Look no further. Let us know what you think!
Citrus and Black Molasses Glazed Salmon
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 6 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon black strap molasses
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine black strap molasses, pineapple juice, white balsamic vinegar and garlic into a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Place the salmon fillets into the marinade mixture in a container or freezer bag and place in the fridge for two hours.
- Remove the fillets from the marinade and pour the remaining mixture into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Once the mixture has thickened, turn off the pot and set aside and allow to cool.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and blackened fish seasoning.
- Heat canola oil in a pan on med-high heat and sear the salmon for 5-7 minutes on each side, dusting the marinade on each side ensuring that both sides are glazed.
- After cooking for 7-8 minutes on one side, flip the salmon over and glaze the remaining side with the mixture and sear for 7-8 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!
If you are using salmon that has the skin on the bottom, start with a cold skillet and add the 2 tbsp of canola oil and lightly salt the bottoms of the pan.
This way the bottom of the salmon has a chance to heat evenly throughout on both sides.
BBQ Smoked Chicken Mac & Cheese
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Marinated Chicken Breasts 1 hour
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb Rigatoni
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 cup Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce for topping
BBQ/Smoked Chicken Marinade
- 1 tsp Favorite Season All
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper or black pepper
- 1.5 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 tb Water
Smokey/Spicy Cheese Sauce
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar + 1/3 cup for topping
- 1/3 cup Smoked Gouda
- 1/4 cup Spicy Pepper Jack
- 4.5 oz Can Diced Green Chilies
- Prepare pickled onions
- Prepare rigatoni according to package instructions.
Instructions: Grilled/Smoked BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1” thick.
- Massage marinade into chicken breasts, marinate for up to one hour.
- Grill chicken on high heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip, sear 1-2 minutes and place in oven until done.
Instructions: Smokey/Spicy Mac & Cheese
- In a large sauté pan, add butter and garlic paste.
- Sauté for 30 seconds and add heavy cream, whisk.
- Slowly add in all cheese stirring until thick and bubbly, season with white pepper.
- Add green chiles and stir.
- Mix rigatoni and cheese sauce, place in a baking dish and top with cheddar cheese.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes until bubbly and golden.
- To assemble; place sliced chicken on top of mac and cheese, drizzle with bbq sauce, garnish with dried parsley and top with pickled onion. Enjoy!
So there you have it, the two Learning to Cook with SHAQ recipes! Check out other recipes on the blog like Chef Daniel Green’s!