02 Jul SERVING UP RED, WHITE, & ROYAL CHECK!
Posted at 06:00h in Press Release 0 Comments
At long last, it’s summer, which is certainly worth celebrating. So, let’s set the scene with a July Fourth Red, White, & Royal Check spectacular that’s sure to sparkle.
- Start by dressing the table with a classic red gingham tablecloth that’s reminiscent of the tradition of summer picnicking, topped with our Blueberry Table Runner. Then, set the table with Royal Check Dinnerware and Glassware.
- Create a stunning centerpiece with a Royal Check Vase filled with our Courtly Check Red Poppies. For added ambiance after dark, include our Check Dinner Candles in red and navy in our Daffodil Candle Holders in red and navy.
- Fill our Royal Check Beverage Hostess with your favorite pink lemonade recipe. Then, add red strawberries, blueberries, and sliced star fruits or star-shaped pieces of apples. Reserve some extra fruit to garnish each glass.
- You can also make Lady Liberty, a fun layered red, white, and blue drink for adults with the recipe below.
- Traditional picnic dishes, including deviled eggs and potato salad, will look even more delicious when presented in Royal Check Enamelware, including the Royal Check Egg Plate and the Royal Check Serving Bowl. And how about watermelon slices in the large Royal Check Everything Bowl?
- Create an ice cream sundae station. Serve up the scoops in the Royal Check Ice Cream Dish and put toppings, including sliced strawberries, blueberries, and red and blue chocolate candies, in our Royal Check Triplicity. Other ways to dress up frosty treats include dipping the sides of an ice cream sandwich into red, white, and blue jimmies.
- As for other desserts, there’s nothing like strawberry shortcake, which even has its own national day (June 14). You can make it with traditional biscuits or sponge cake, topped with sliced strawberries and whipped cream, or substitute brownies for the biscuits. You could also bake a pan of brownies and decorate them with swirls of white frosting, topped with red and blue chocolate candies. Another idea is cutting the brownies into stars with a star-shaped cookie cutter and then decorating.
With all that inspiration, get ready to celebrate our nation’s birthday with everything that is Red, White, & Royal Check.
Here are the instructions for making Lady Liberty, a layered red, white, and blue cocktail for adults that you’ll want to salute — and not just on July Fourth. Our thanks go to one of our social media followers, Jamie G., who came up with the name.
Liquid piña colada mix
- There are three keys to creating the drink. First, visually divide the glass into thirds. Second, layer the ingredients in order of sugar content from highest to lowest. Also, pour each layer slowly, so they are even and distinct. Finally, if you want a patriotic straw to sip the drink from, add it to the empty glass, so you don’t disturb the finished layers.
- To create the red layer, fill the glass one-third of the way with Grenadine. Then fill the glass with ice.
- For the white layer, blend a little rum with piña colada mix. Pour the mixture slowly into the glass over the back of a spoon and onto the red layer.
- Top off the last third of the glass with Blue Curacao that’s also poured over the back of a spoon.
- Cut a strawberry almost in half and add it to the edge of the glass for a garnish.
All credit to MacKenzie-Childs for the blog copy and photos!