02 Aug The Ultimate Guide To Acne – Isomers
Acne can be a problem for people of all ages, and I think we can all agree that acne is frustrating. Manuela Marcheggiani, the Co-Founder of Isomers, put out a YouTube video diving into what causes acne and how you can use Isomers products to combat it. But we are here to break it down for you.
Acne occurs when the sebaceous gland is not able to let the oil flow up the strand which causes pimples or breakouts. This can be due to improper exfoliation and cleansing! Now, what if you’re using your skincare products correctly and you still get acne?
It is most likely a part of your genetics, possibly your diet, or even just flat-out puberty! However, the #1 acne cause is fragrance. Fragrance should never be in your skincare routine or products. Those are just a few things to keep in mind.
Now, let’s dive into the details of how you can prevent and tackle acne!
- Drink your water and make sure it’s good quality water! It helps flush out the toxins in your body and make your skin more hydrated!
- Make sure you are wearing clean makeup as Manuela suggests. What it means is that your makeup is not expired, and you’re not borrowing someone else’s.
Here’s a good routine to follow!
- You need a good cleanser that won’t strip and dries out the skin. A cleanser helps with skin cell turnover, keeping your acid mantle intact, and helping the oil travel up the hair follicles. Manuela recommends the Isomers Daily Exfoliation Cleanser for gentle yet effective cleansing.
- Helps to open up the follicles to release the sebum. You should exfoliate your face 2-3 times a week. As recommended by Manuela, the Glycolic Exfoliating Drops are great for both morning and night use.
- You would want to use a Vitamin C serum to help with your collagen. When you pick and poke your skin, you’re destroying the collagen. Vitamin C also helps reduce the swelling and redness that tends to come with acne. Here is good Vitamin C serum with 15% Ferulic Acid:
- Hyaluronic Acid or Serum. It is great to moisturize the skin with serums that don’t have oil. For some people, hydrating lotions could also be a contributing factor to acne. Try out serums instead.
- TriActive MicroBiome Restore. It has is your pre, pro, and post-biotic which is for the good bacteria that lives on the skin. The beauty of the TriActive MicroBiome Restore from Isomers is that it has all three biotics which is important for your skin!
Those are the skincare tips recommended by Manuela Macheggiani. But if your acne tends to be cystic. then you’re going to need stronger overnight solutions like 2% Salicylic Acid.
Click here to watch the full YouTube video from Isomers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J_692fpmkU
Shop the products:
Clear Skin Acne Treatment Cleanser & Lotion Duo: https://bit.ly/3yj2kas
Daily Exfoliating Cleanser: https://bit.ly/3fn0huk
Glycolic Exfoliating Drops: https://bit.ly/3fn49vD
Vitamin C Serum: https://bit.ly/3yjKuUt
MicroBiome Restore: https://bit.ly/3A1lUbv